CSAA Insurance Group (CSAA IG), a AAA insurer, is one of the top personal lines property and casualty insurance groups in the U.S. Our employees proudly live our core beliefs and fulfill our enduring purpose to help members prevent, prepare for and recover from life's uncertainties, and we're proud of the culture we build together. As we commit to progress over precision, we recognize that every day is an opportunity to be innovative and adaptable. At CSAA IG, we hire good people for a brighter tomorrow. We are actively hiring for a Sr. Manager, Software Engineering Join us and support CSAA IG in achieving our goals.
This position exists to develop and manage IT services and products that support and improve the value of the CSAA IG systems. The functions include (but are not limited to) development, implementation, management and communication of information technology strategies, analysis and plans that support and enhance business efficiency and profitability. Provides leadership, vision and direction to the technical and business managers responsible for CSAA IG's product or domain area. This position plays a key role in the Information Technology Systems Division's Department strategic leadership team in bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems and helping to determine the organization's overall implementation strategy for information needs. Must achieve competency level where they can manage high level management staff.
- Working with people from all areas of CSAA IG, vendors and trading partners, contributes to developing solutions and serves as an advisor and consultant on technology trends, issues, opportunities and best practices.
- Makes recommendations to business stakeholders on technology opportunities and provides the means to implement them within considerations for priority and available budgets and resources.
- Ensures alignment and delivery to contributing to achieving corporate and line of business goals and objectives.
- Works with AAA National and other clubs to leverage and optimize products and services and ensures proper alignment to club practice and recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures alignment with corporate and line of business goals and objectives.
- Leads and manages multiple Manager-led teams and ensures the high performance and productivity of those teams.
- Collects and processes data to understand and track IT expense by business area.
- Ensures the adequacy, optimization and reliability of IT products and services that support the line of business goals.
- Works directly and through matrix management with leaders and members from other IT Departments in order to coordinate technology services and products that enhance the delivery and implementation of the technology strategy.
- Manages internal and external resources to complete the projects within time, quality and budget expectations.
- Responsible for concurrent management of several large programs and projects, and their coordination with other initiatives within the Enterprise and each other
- Creates and supports succession plans that align and support organizational goals and objectives.
- Utilizes processes, metrics and reporting tools that benefit the customer and ensure project goals and internal/external customer expectations are met or exceeded
- Develops standards and evaluates specific technologies, general technology trends, competencies, strategies and methodologies.
What would make us excited about you?
- Bachelor's degree in a related area (Computer Science, Engineering, or Business) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10 yrs experience in managing information technology systems, projects and people for a large IT department
- Experience in the acquisition and management of technology and technology professionals
- Ability to plan, organize and achieve coordinated objectives
- Demonstrated ability to adjust focus to meet changing priorities, alteration in strategic directions and shifting customer needs
- Ability to manage executive level internal and external relationships
- Ability to influence vendors on product/service direction and resolve significant business issues
- Accountable for ensuring effective utilization of available resources and a cooperative, team atmosphere
- Ability to envision future requirements and integrates them into the development of technology directions, architectures and initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple and/or highly complex I.T. project teams
- Leads technical efforts of project teams involving other managers and/or consultants
- Able to commit I.T. to significant expenditures in carrying out principle duties
- Collaborates with CSAA IG Business Units in setting their strategies that are IT related
- Demonstrated results in managing high performance teams
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Knowledge of and experience with both legacy and current technical platforms and tools
- Familiar with outsourcing industry best practices, including offshore software development and management
- Excellent project management, consulting, negotiation and customer service skills
CSAA IG Careers
At CSAA IG, we're proudly devoted to protecting our customers, our employees, our communities, and the world at large. We are on a climate journey to continue to do better for our people, our business, and our planet. Taking bold action and leading by example. We are citizens for a changing world, and we continually change to meet it.
Join us if you
BELIEVE in a mission focused on building a community of service, rooted in inclusion and belonging.
COMMIT to being there for our customers and employees.
CREATE a sense of purpose that serves the greater good through innovation.
We offer a total compensation package, performance bonus, 401(k) with a company match, and so much more! Read more about what we offer and what it is like to be a part of our dynamic team at: Benefits (
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join CSAA IG: remote, hybrid, or in-person. Submit your application to be considered. We communicate via email, so check your inbox and/or your spam folder to ensure you don't miss important updates from us. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact .
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity at CSAA IG. We actively celebrate colleagues' different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
We are always recruiting, retaining, and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the U.S. workforce. The diversity of our team fosters a broad range of ideas and enables us to design and deliver a wide array of products to meet customers' evolving needs.
CSAA Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer.
The national average salary range for this position is $163,350. However, we have a location-based compensation structure. Our salary ranges vary and are calculated based on county of residence. The full salary range for this position across all the states we hire in is $146,970-195,930. This role also includes an opportunity for a company-wide annual discretionary bonus, through our Annual Incentive Plan (AIP), of up to 18% of eligible pay.
If you apply and are selected to continue in the recruiting process, we will schedule a preliminary call with you to discuss the role and will disclose during that call the available salary/hourly rate range based on your location. Factors used to determine the actual salary offered may include location, experience, or education.
Please note we are hiring for this role remote anywhere in the United States with the exception of California, Hawaii and Alaska. Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US.