Headquarters: Madison, WI
Remote Ruby on Rails Developer (US)
Bendyworks is a software development consultancy looking for a developer who shares our passion for quality, integrity, and transparency. We want to grow our team with developers who have deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails and a strong desire to learn other languages and frameworks such as React, React Native, and Elixir.
Your role as a software consultant will provide you with a variety of learning opportunities and experiences. Our clients range from startups to corporations and include American Family Insurance, Disney, Getty Images, and Moz. You will work with one client at a time, often embedded in their team. Our goal is to match you with projects that are a good fit for both you and the client.
In addition to technical skills, you need to be comfortable communicating with both clients and other developers, listen well, and maintain a professional demeanor. Good organizational skills and being able to handle changing circumstances are great assets in this type of role. That said, you will be given feedback and support through frequent check-ins to make sure things are going well. We want you to feel joy and success in the work you do at Bendyworks.
We work remotely but strive to keep the team close-knit. We value work-life balance highly and keep a 40 hour week. We budget for regular growth time and equip you with the tools you need to work comfortably and efficiently. We help you with what you need to succeed, whether that is a better monitor, a Udemy course, or tickets for the next tech conference.
We encourage you to visit our LinkedIn page to see what some of our team members have to say about their experience.
Our health insurance plans are comprehensive and affordable, and in addition to 10 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid time off and 2 weeks sick leave, we offer 6 weeks of parental leave and fully paid life and disability insurance. At Bendyworks, everyone is seen as an individual and our focus is on employee happiness. You’ll find a full list of our benefits below.
- Medical Insurance: Bendyworks pays 75% of the premium and the first 75% of deductibles for employees and their dependents
- Dental and Vision Insurance: Bendyworks pays 75% of premiums
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Employer-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employer-paid Group Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with 1% matching
- Professional Growth Time
- 3 weeks of vacation; 4 weeks after three years
- 2 weeks of sick leave
- 6 weeks of parental leave at 60% salary, including adoptions
- 10 paid holidays: New Years' Day, MLK Jr. Day, Juneteenth, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day
- Annual Conference Attendance/Professional Development/Equipment Budget
- Company-provided hardware and software
- Budgets for internet service, wellness, bus pass, bicycle loan, and more
Our hiring process is meant to be low-stress and allow you to meet with a number of our employees.
After reviewing your application, there are four rounds of interviews. You can choose whether to spread them out or schedule them all for a single day.
- First, a phone interview with HR to confirm that this role matches your desires
- Round two is a conversation with our development manager to ask questions about the role
- Third, a pair programming interview with one of our developers. This is your opportunity to shine, we aren’t trying to catch you with gotchas.
- Round four is an endurance test as you get to listen to our Founder and CEO ramble about the company, his life, and anything else that comes to mind. :-)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage members of underrepresented groups in tech to apply.
Job Type: Full-time, fully remote.