As an Engineering Product Manager III at CH Robinson, you will use your passion for technology and experience translating internal and external customer requirements into solutions for our Execution Capability team. As a part of the Execution team, you will be supporting C.H. Robinson's largest Execution platform that empowers our logistics network to connect customers with carriers around the world. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with software engineers, project managers, and other product managers on high visibility projects in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and promotes creativity, personal development, and fun.
You will be responsible for accurately gathering, consolidating, analyzing, and documenting business rules and detailed requirements. The work is considered critical and vital to C.H. Robinson's worldwide logistics operations and its continued growth and success. Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to modernize our platform, solve complex problems, and continuously improve our software engineering processes and standards!
C.H. Robinson recognizes the importance of workplace flexibility. We are committed to providing a remote-friendly work environment, both now and in the future. Our global technology teams will continue to have the flexibility that enables you to work where you are most effective, whether that be remote or in the office.Responsibilities:
- Driving clarity around business and technical requirements and the delivery of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with your team to manage the product backlog
- Document user stories, release notes, training and support documentation, error messages and knowledge base articles
- Partner with team architects, technical leads, user experience designers and developers to translate requirements into system designs
- Partner with the team to draft an overall testing strategy and execute that strategy
- Create test plans, test cases, and do functional testing, as needed
- Facilitate communication across several teams to plan work and track progress. Identify and escalate risks that could impact product or feature deadlines.
- Participate in daily Stand-Up meetings, Sprint Demonstrations, Retrospectives, and Sprint Planning
- Be the subject matter expert of your domain and user base
- Possess a broad spectrum of knowledge crossing modes, applications, software, and business processes
- Estimate and build project schedules and drive projects to successful completion
- 4+ years of combined technical product management and/or industry experience
- 2+ years of experience delivering projects using agile methodologies
- Experience reading and writing analytical queries using SQL, Power BI, etc.
- Experience delivering large scale, enterprise grade software, built as a cloud native application (Or a product that has moved to cloud)
- Experience leading teams (directly or indirectly)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
- Proven ability and willingness to quickly learn new custom applications
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking, negotiation, facilitation, consulting, problem solving, decision-making, strategic and analytical skills
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, soliciting, and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal direction
- Knowledge of transportation management systems
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
Prescription drug coverage
Enhanced Fertility benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
Dental and Vision
Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Paid and floating holidays
Paid time off (PTO)
Paid parental leave
Paid time off to volunteer in your community
Charitable Giving Match Program
401(k) with 6% company matching
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Standing out among the world's largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world's economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn's Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we're not stopping there Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.